December 15, 2017
Enjoy some photos from the current construction phase. Check out those teepads!
December 11, 2017: Lots of items completed!
- The gravel trails
- The parking lot minus the driveway
- Seeding has been completed around the parking lot and on the hill at the enterance
- All the tees minus one
- The sleeves for all the baskets
- Majority of concrete work, bench and garbage pads etc.
- Excavation of all the planting beds
- Structures continuing
- Install signage
- Install seed/sod around trees
- Install baskets (they just need to be put into the sleeves that are already in the ground)
- Install the remaining plantings
- Plan the grand opening in more detail
We appreciate the continued support from the community and cannot wait to share this disc golf park with you!
August 9, 2017: Big news!
Work started on the course last week with the den and nest sweep. Over 70 nests were discovered in the park!
The contractors are in and working today, with the first step being the parking lot. It’s so exciting to be in construction mode and the park will be complete before we know it!
What is Disc Golf?
**Breaking Ground April 2017!**
Nestled on 27 acres of rolling aspen covered hills in Northwest Calgary, the David Richardson Memorial Disc Golf Park is a one-of-a-kind disc golf facility. The course is a par-66, 18-hole layout ranging from over 8,000 ft in length for experts, to 4,900 ft for beginners and families. The course is the longest in the City of Calgary built with the intent of being a professional tournament venue.
This diverse layout features everything from long, 800ft par-5’s, that will take all the strength you’ve got, to short par-3’s with the potential for an ace run. The combination of rolling topography and tree lined fairways provides plenty of strategic interest for those looking for a challenge – not to mention the numerous water hazards!
The park is an amenity located on the Rotary Mattamy Greenway – a 138 km long continuous pathway network serving Calgarians by providing access to a number of unique amenities including: off-leash dog parks, family fitness parks, educational wetland interpretive areas and unique play structures.