The Parks Foundation team met with the DGR team today to update us on the status of the course, and go over plans for the grand opening. We’re getting so close and we cannot wait to have you join us!
Save the Date
Official Grand Opening: Saturday, June 9th from 10am-12pm
More details to come including schedule of events.
- Washroom facility nearing completion
- Shade structure in final assembly stage
- All teepads minus #1 have been completed
- Collars have been installed and baskets will be installed in the spring
- Final plantings will happen in the spring
- Seeding is complete
- Signposts have been installed
- Fairway contouring has been completed
- Final proofs for tee, sponsor, course, and rules signs will be completed in the next few weeks
Enjoy some photos from the current construction phase. Check out those teepads!
Here is the latest construction update. The following items have been mostly completed:
- The gravel trails
- The parking lot minus the driveway
- Seeding has been completed around the parking lot and on the hill at the enterance
- All the tees minus one
- The sleeves for all the baskets
- Majority of concrete work, bench and garbage pads etc.
- Excavation of all the planting beds
- Structures continuing
The following items are scheduled to be completed in Spring 2018:
- Install signage
- Install seed/sod around trees
- Install baskets (they just need to be put into the sleeves that are already in the ground)
- Install the remaining plantings
- Plan the grand opening in more detail
We appreciate the continued support from the community and cannot wait to share this disc golf park with you!
Work started on the course last week with the den and nest sweep. Over 70 nests were discovered in the park!
The contractors are in and working today, with the first step being the parking lot. It’s so exciting to be in construction mode and the park will be complete before we know it!
Treasure Richardson provides an update on the David Richardson Memorial Disc Golf Park, slated to break ground by the end of July 2017. Plans are to have the course open by the spring of 2018.
The David Richardson Memorial Disc Golf Park, Calgary’s newest disc golf course, is scheduled to break ground as soon as the ground thaws, hopefully April 2017.